|Balboa Park History (1917)|
A resolution of thanks, signed by representative members of the principal commercial and civic organizations of the city, today was presented the citizens of San Diego and all California.
"We feel it our duty and consider it a privilege and pleasure to give this public expression to our appreciation of the largest and noblest service contributed by all of California in bringing the Panama-California International Exposition to such a happy culmination, and of the wholesome and generous support, assistance and cooperation of the people, cities and counties of California," is the recognition of the broad-minded endeavors of the people who are entitled to a liberal portion of the credit warranted by the gratifying outcome of the great undertaking.
The resolution is singed by President G. A. Davidson; Mayor E. M.
Capps, in behalf of San Diego; W. S. Dorland, president of the chamber
of commerce; A. D. LaMotte, head of the Merchants’ Association; O. E.
Darnall, president of the Cabrillo club; F. M. White, representing the
Manufacturers’ Association, J. C. Thompson, head of the Ad Club; and
John A. Gillons, president of the Rotary club.
Balboa Park History notes by Richard Amero